Dreambaby Liberty Doorway Gate 75cm to 81cm
The Dreambaby Liberty Doorway Gate can be a life saving addition to every childproof home. Installing gates are a convenient, safe and cost effective way to protect your children from injury around the home, especially stairways and kitchens. By installing gates in suitable areas, one can create child safe zones/areas, as opposed to baby proofing the entire house.
- The Dreambaby Liberty Doorway Gate Fits openings from 75-81cm | Gate height: 76cm.
- Available Extension Sizes: 9cm | 18cm | 27cm | 36cm | 45cm | 54cm | 63cm | 1 meter
Please note: Sizes have been updated as per the new 2020 stock, the images however have the old sizes that are incorrect, we are waiting for new stock images and will update soonest.
Important before purchasing any gate:
Take accurate measurements. Remember to take the skirting into account. The maximum adjustable size of the gate includes the tension knobs on the sides, used to secure the gate
Useful Articles to read before purchasing your gate/s and extension/s:
- How to work out the size of the pressure mounted baby gate and possible extensions you may need
- Baby Gate Challenges and Hacks
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R65 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info*
10 in stock
Dreambaby Liberty Doorway Gate Product Features:
- Gate opens in both directions.
- Double locking feature, so you can feel confident that your child is safe and sound.
- Conveniently swings and adjusts for quick and easy access with a simple one-handed operation.
- Gates are pressure-mounted, which means fuss free installation with no screws or drilling required – perfect for temporary or rental properties. No damage to walls.
- Can be used on stairs with banisters in conjunction with Dreambaby Banister Gate Adaptors
- Stay open feature: Just swing the door in the Stay-Open position and it will stay wide open till you choose to close it. For those times when your hands are full while bringing in the groceries or toting around the laundry basket, the Stay-Open feature is sure to become your best friend.
- Extends up to 2.81m with optional gate extensions. For example: by using 2 x 1 meter Dreambaby Extensions, you can extend the Dreambaby Liberty Doorway Gate up to 2.81m.
DREAMBABY EXTRA LONG BARRIER GATES – 5,04m
If the area you would like to create a barrier for is even wider than 3 meters, consider using the Dreambaby Royale Converta 3-in-1 Playpen Gate, this an extra long gate that must be hardware mounted (drilled into the wall). Standard size is 3.8m wide and 74cm tall, can be extended to 5,04m by adding 2 Panel Royale Converta Extensions.
Dreambaby Banister Adaptors
Dreambaby Banister Gate Adaptors are a great solution to fixing your safety gates to railings, balustrades and wall corners. Easily fitted and requiring no tools for installation, these are the perfect item for those living in rental or temporary accommodation. Top quality and super easy to use, the ideal accessory for at home safety.
Here is a quick Illustration and example on how to calculate the baby gate accessories you may need …read more
Extra precautions to consider
Glow in the Dark Tape for Stairs and Baby Gates
Glow in the Dark Tape Product Features:
- Size: 10mm thick
- Available per running meter – CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
- The neon glow feature gives you a quick heads up to step over the horizontal bar found at the bottom of pressure mounted baby gates, especially in the dark.
Why the fuss?
As a baby proofing specialist, one of my biggest challenges has been the horizontal bar found at the bottom of ALL pressure mounted gates. Especially considering these gates are mostly installed at the top and bottom of Stairways and can pose a toe thumping, tripping hazard.
Pressure mounted gates these days are super popular as they are secure, well manufactured and there is really no need for drilling. The gates come with 4 ‘mounting cups’ and strong double sided tape, these cups go between the wall and the pressure spindles/tension knobs.
Once the gate is up and these side spindles/tension knobs have been tightened into the cups, the cups with double sided tape keep the gate secure and in place.
Disclaimer: Be sure to leave the double sided tape to set for at least 24 hours before tugging and putting unnecessary pressure on the gate. Patience is everything!
What about using a ramp?
Unfortunately, there aren’t any ramps available in SA to test out, although I have seen these overseas. Even so, I don’t think they would fit on most stairs as they are bulky and I also don’t think by judging the design, they would even reduce the risk. I have inserted a photo below so you can to decide.
Baby Gate Reinforcement Lock 2 Pack
The Baby Gate Reinforcement Lock – 2 pack is ideal if you have already purchased a baby gate that doesn’t have an additional lever locking system at the bottom.
We recommend installing the lever lock on both sides; hence the quantity per pack is two.
Although toddlers are more inclined to push rather than pull, their determination and developing motor skills will soon allow them to do both. Safety is paramount and there is no room for error.
This product comes with screws and will need to be hardware mounted to the bottom of your gate using a drill and 4mm steel drill bit.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler safety gates, extensions and playpens.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.