Dreambaby Cabinet Catch
The Dreambaby Cabinet Catch is versatile, easy to use and designed to help protect children from injury and also to safeguard valuable household items such as china, glass, pottery, and home appliances from being damaged or broken by inquisitive children.
✓ Pack includes: 1 x Dreambaby Cabinet Catch
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R75 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info, including installation video*
12 in stock
Dreambaby Cabinet Catch Product Features:
- Made from hard-wearing plastic.
- Self Adhesive backing, so no drilling or screwing needed.
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits and a clean cloth to wipe area where the product will be installed.
- A lighter to heat double sided tape before applying.
Steps to install:
(Kindly read through before starting)
- Ensure your child is being supervised by an informed caregiver whilst you install.
- Before sticking the product down, ensure you and your family are happy with the placement.
- Clean areas with methylated spirits, ensuring the area is completely dry before you apply the product.
- Remove film from double sided tape and use a lighter to heat the double-sided tape, this is a trick that makes it extra sticky so that it adheres properly.
- Hold down for 60 seconds to ensure the product is stuck down.
- Leave adhesive to set for at least 48 hours before operating.
- Make sure you clean up afterwards, discarding of any packaging and placing the methylated spirits and lighter out of reach or in an already child proofed cabinet.
- Give proper instructions on how to operate the lock to everyone who might need to access.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler safety locks and latches.
How to Remove Double Sided Tape
6 Easy Options to Remove Double Sided Tape
- Please keep children away whilst performing any of these removal techniques. *Ensure all products used below are stored away after use, in a childproof cabinet or storage unit.
- Applying a bit of heat (with a lighter or hair dryer) to any of these options to remove stubborn self adhesive tape will speed up the process (perhaps even take it off completely by rubbing the surface with your thumb just after the heat has been applied)
Double sided tape is a very useful product to have around the home, but successfully removing it can prove to be a real problem. The best method of removing double sided tape will depend on the type of surface it’s stuck to, and may require a little trial and error. Keep reading for some helpful suggestions on how to remove double sided tape.
OPTION 1 (2 Quick Steps)
Spray the affected area with Shield Engine Cleaner (Solvent Based) and leave for 5-10 min. (Available at Builders Warehouse and other leading retailers in the car care section)
Heat slightly with a lighter or hair dryer & peel/rub off OR use an old clean cloth to remove stubborn residue. If there is still some residue left, repeat above or use methylated spirits or lemon essential oil available at Clicks or any other pharmacy.