Glow in the Dark Tape for Stairs and Baby Gates
Our self adhesive Glow in the Dark Tape for Stairs and Baby Gates tape provides a quick and easy solution to give you that ‘heads up’ to step over the bar.
Size: 10mm (1cm) wide | 1 meter in Length …Scroll down for more info on this product
- Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R75 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
8 in stock
Glow in the Dark Tape Product Features:
- Size: 10mm wide | 1 meter in Length
- Main Function: The neon glow feature gives you a quick heads up to step over the horizontal bar found at the bottom of pressure mounted baby gates
- The tape can also be used for stairs and other areas in the house that pose a tripping hazard
- Disclaimer: For indoor use only. Use in an area that gets at least some light during the day for the ultimate glow performance.
Why the fuss?
As a baby proofing specialist, one of my biggest challenges has been the horizontal bar found at the bottom of pressure mounted gates. Especially considering these gates are mostly installed at the top and bottom of Stairways and can pose a toe thumping, tripping hazard.
Pressure mounted gates these days are super popular as they are secure, well manufactured and there is really no need for drilling. The gates come with 4 ‘mounting cups’ and strong double sided tape, these cups go between the wall and the pressure spindles/tension knobs – refer to image below.
Once the gate is up and the side tension knobs have been tightened into the cups; the cups with keep the gate secure and in place.
Disclaimer: Be sure to leave the double sided tape to set for at least 24 hours before tugging and putting unnecessary pressure on the gate.
What about using a ramp?
Unfortunately, there aren’t any ramps available in SA to test out, although I have seen these overseas. Even so, I don’t think they would fit on most stairs and I also don’t think by judging the design, they would even reduce the risk. I have inserted a photo below so you can to decide.
Following my research, I decided to import this glow tape. I think, albeit not the perfect solution, it’s a step closer to being safer and doesn’t break the bank.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler safety gates, extensions and playpens products.
Baby Proof SA