Door Lever Lock Product Features:
- Deter children from opening doors with a door lever lock.
- Prevents access to rooms in the house that aren’t baby proofed without using keys for every door. For example: store rooms, pantries, offices, spare rooms.
- Safety Tip: Keys should never be left in the key hole as they can become a choking hazard as well as being covered in germs.
- Compatible with most standard door handles
- Ideal for baby proofing and even pet proofing.
- Lock and unlock by pressing the buttons
- Easy installation, do drilling required
- Strong 3M adhesive tape is provided.
- Sleek universal design
- Colour: Available in white only
How to use:
To lock and unlock, push the buttons, top or bottom and swing the arms to the locked and unlocked positions.
Door Lever Lock Installation Instructions:
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits
- A dry, clean cloth.
- A Pencil
Steps to install:
(Kindly read through before starting)
This is an adult only installation.
- Clean areas with methylated spirits, ensuring the area is clean and dry before you apply the product.
- Rotate the lock arms to the side locked position before trying to position.
- Place the lock behind the door handle as high as it can go underneath the handle. Before sticking down, move the lock arms open ensuring the lock can unlock when necessary, and move easily.
- Once the lock is positioned, draw a small pencil mark underneath to use as a place-marker for the next step.
- Peel and stick.
- Leave adhesive to set for at least 24 hours before operating.
- Clean up afterwards, discarding of any packaging.
- Store the methylated spirits out of reach, or in a child proofed cabinet.
- Give proper instructions on how to operate the lock to other occupants.
CLICK HERE for more sliding door/standard door safety products.
Visit my blog for more Tips on How to Child Proof your Home
How to Remove Double Sided Tape
6 Easy Options to Remove Double Sided Tape
- Please keep children away whilst performing any of these removal techniques. *Ensure all products used below are stored away after use, in a childproof cabinet or storage unit.
- Applying a bit of heat (with a lighter or hair dryer) to any of these options to remove stubborn self adhesive tape will speed up the process (perhaps even take it off completely by rubbing the surface with your thumb just after the heat has been applied)
Double sided tape is a very useful product to have around the home, but successfully removing it can prove to be a real problem. The best method of removing double sided tape will depend on the type of surface it’s stuck to, and may require a little trial and error. Keep reading for some helpful suggestions on how to remove double sided tape.
OPTION 1 (2 Quick Steps)
Spray the affected area with Shield Engine Cleaner (Solvent Based) and leave for 5-10 min. (Available at Builders Warehouse and other leading retailers in the car care section)
Heat slightly with a lighter or hair dryer & peel/rub off OR use an old clean cloth to remove stubborn residue. If there is still some residue left, repeat above or use methylated spirits or lemon essential oil available at Clicks or any other pharmacy.