Door Lever Lock
This door handle lock was designed to fit most handles with a really simple installation. Your door handle can be child proofed in seconds. Simply clean area with rubbing alcohol (methylated spirits), dry with a clean cloth. Peel and Stick. Strong 3M adhesive tape is provided. To remove adhesive tape later when no longer necessary, read blog post here.
*Scroll down for more info and installation instructions.*
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R65 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
Door Lever Lock Product Features:
- Deter children from opening doors with a door lever lock
- Prevent access to rooms in the house that aren’t baby proofed without using keys for every door. For example: store rooms, pantries, offices, spare rooms.
- Compatible with most standard door handles
- Ideal for baby proofing and pet proofing
- Lock and unlock by pressing the buttons
- Easy installation
- Sleek universal design
- Available in white only
How to Install:
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits
- A dry, clean cloth.
- A Pencil
Steps to install:
- This is an Adult Only installation. Ensure kids are being supervised by an informed caregiver whilst performing the installation.
- Clean area behind the handle (where the lock will be stuck down) with methylated spirits and a dry cloth, ensuring there is no dust or furniture polish left on this area.
- Push the buttons and rotate the lock arms to the locked position.
- Place the lock behind the door handle as high as it can go underneath the handle. Before sticking down, move the lock arms open ensuring the lock can unlock when necessary, and move easily.
- Make a small pencil mark underneath where the lock is currently positioned.
- Peel and stick.
- To lock and unlock, push the buttons, top or bottom and swing the arms to the locked and unlocked positions.
- Leave adhesive to set for at least 48 hours before operating.
- Pack away the methylated spirits, dry cloth and pencil in an already child proofed cabinet. Throw away all plastics, ensuring there are no choking hazards.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler bathroom safety products.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to Remove Double Sided Tape
6 Easy Options to Remove Double Sided Tape
- Please keep children away whilst performing any of these removal techniques. *Ensure all products used below are stored away after use, in a childproof cabinet or storage unit.
- Applying a bit of heat (with a lighter or hair dryer) to any of these options to remove stubborn self adhesive tape will speed up the process (perhaps even take it off completely by rubbing the surface with your thumb just after the heat has been applied)
Double sided tape is a very useful product to have around the home, but successfully removing it can prove to be a real problem. The best method of removing double sided tape will depend on the type of surface it’s stuck to, and may require a little trial and error. Keep reading for some helpful suggestions on how to remove double sided tape.
OPTION 1 (2 Quick Steps)
Spray the affected area with Shield Engine Cleaner (Solvent Based) and leave for 5-10 min. (Available at Builders Warehouse and other leading retailers in the car care section)
Heat slightly with a lighter or hair dryer & peel/rub off OR use an old clean cloth to remove stubborn residue. If there is still some residue left, repeat above or use methylated spirits or lemon essential oil available at Clicks or any other pharmacy.