Door Hinge Gap Protector
The Door Hinge Gap Protector prevents baby from getting their fingers slammed in hinge part of the door. Also prevents loud noises from slamming doors whilst baby sleeps. Prevents door from slamming shut with toddler inside.
Has a storage mechanism that can be mounted high up, to hold the slam stopper when not in use.
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R85 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info, including installation instructions and how to use.*
Door Hinge Gap Protector Product Features:
- Colour: White
- Size: Diameter of 3.6cm | Height: 7.7cm
Material: Polyethylene (PE) vs Polypropylene (PP) – Non-toxic and safe.
- Special Feature: Comes with a storage hanger that can be mounted on the frame of the door to hang the door stopper when not in use.
- Main Function: Helps prevent baby from getting their fingers slammed in the door. Also prevents loud noises from slamming doors whilst baby sleeps. Also prevents door from slamming shut with toddler inside.
How to use:
Clip on hinge whilst door is open, be sure to clip on the inside of the door frame where you can see the hinge and screws.
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits to clean area where the product will be installed.
- A cloth to clean the area
- A lighter to heat double sided tape before applying.
Steps to install:
(Kindly read through before starting the installation process)
- Ensure your child is being supervised by an informed caregiver whilst you install.
- Before sticking the product down, ensure you and your family are happy with the placement.
- Install high up, out of babies reach
- Clean areas with methylated spirits, ensuring the area is completely dry before you apply the product.
- Remove film from double sided tape and use a lighter to heat the double-sided tape, this is a trick that makes it extra sticky so that it adheres properly.
- Once installed, de-activate and allow the double-sided tape to set for at least 24hrs before using.
- Make sure you clean up afterwards, discarding of any packaging and placing the methylated spirits out of reach or in an already child proofed cabinet.
- Give proper instructions on how to operate the lock to everyone who might need to access the toilet/cupboard or drawer where the product has been installed.
Perma Child Safety