Stove and Oven Knob Covers 2 Pack
Our Stove and Oven Knob Covers prevents little ones from turning knobs on and off around gas and electric stoves and ovens.
Pack Sizes Available:
- 2 Pack: 2 x protection cover per pack
- OR Pack of 4 protection covers
Scroll down to ‘UP SELLS’ for more options
NB: Make sure you measure your knob before you order. The cover measures 6 cm in diameter with a height/depth of 4cm, the knob must be able to fit inside the cover with the lid closed. When in doubt, refer to gallery images.
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R85 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info, including installation instructions and how to use.*
Stove and Oven Knob Covers Product Features:
- Colour: Dark Grey with semi transparent finish
- Product size: Diameter of 6cm | Height/Depth: 4cm
Material: Non-toxic PS/ABS Plastic
- Main Function: Baby Safety Stove and Oven Knob Switch Protection Covers help stop little ones from turning knobs on and off around gas and electric stoves and ovens.
NB: Make sure you measure your knob before you order. The cover measures 6.5 cm in diameter with a height of 5 cm, the knob must be able to fit inside the cover with the lid closed.
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits to clean area where the product will be fitted.
- A cloth to clean the area
Steps to install:
(Kindly read through before starting the installation process)
- Ensure your child is being supervised by an informed caregiver whilst you install.
- Clean areas with methylated spirits, ensuring the area is completely dry before you apply the product.
- Remove film from double sided tape.
- Remove the stove or oven knob (if necessary) and insert through the base of the cover.
- Return the stove/oven knob back to position on the stove/oven and snap the safety lid shut. You will know the lid is safely locked when you hear the click. Refer to pic below for the correct position of the cover (i.e. which side should be facing up)
- To use the stove or oven, just push in the release button, open the cover and you can cook as normal.
- Leave adhesive to set for at least 48 hours before operating.
- Make sure you clean up afterwards, discarding any packaging and placing the methylated spirits out of reach or in an already child proofed cabinet.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler electrical and appliance safety product options.
|⇒ CLICK HERE to read article on how to remove double sided tape easily and effectively|
How to Remove Double Sided Tape
6 Easy Options to Remove Double Sided Tape
- Please keep children away whilst performing any of these removal techniques. *Ensure all products used below are stored away after use, in a childproof cabinet or storage unit.
- Applying a bit of heat (with a lighter or hair dryer) to any of these options to remove stubborn self adhesive tape will speed up the process (perhaps even take it off completely by rubbing the surface with your thumb just after the heat has been applied)
Double sided tape is a very useful product to have around the home, but successfully removing it can prove to be a real problem. The best method of removing double sided tape will depend on the type of surface it’s stuck to, and may require a little trial and error. Keep reading for some helpful suggestions on how to remove double sided tape.
OPTION 1 (2 Quick Steps)
Spray the affected area with Shield Engine Cleaner (Solvent Based) and leave for 5-10 min. (Available at Builders Warehouse and other leading retailers in the car care section)
Heat slightly with a lighter or hair dryer & peel/rub off OR use an old clean cloth to remove stubborn residue. If there is still some residue left, repeat above or use methylated spirits or lemon essential oil available at Clicks or any other pharmacy.