Sliding Door and Window Stopper
Our Sliding Door and Window Stoppers are an invaluable addition to your home safety checklist if you need to keep children safe from the risks associated with sliding doors and windows.
Important: Before purchasing this product, measure the distance between the 2 sliding panels, ensure the gap is LESS THAN 3cm for the product to work effectively.
Colour: Currently Available in WHITE only
♥ Shipped and at your door in 1-2 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R75 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info, including installation instructions and how to use.*
24 in stock
Sliding Door and Window Stoppers Product Features:
- Sliding Door and Window Stoppers are an invaluable addition to your home safety checklist if you need to keep children safe from the risks associated with sliding doors and windows.
- Important: Before purchasing this product, measure the distance between the 2 sliding panels, ensure the gap is LESS THAN 3cm for the product to work effectively.
- Colour: White with semi-transparent wings
- Size: Width (wings flat) 16.5cm *Length 5.5cm *Height 4cm (Wings activated)
- Material: Non-toxic PS plastic. Suitable for glass and most other surfaces.
- Limits the width of the gap a sliding door or window can open so that a child can’t slip out unnoticed.
- Particularly useful if you live in a high-rise apartment, have an unfenced yard, or live near a busy road.
- Provides peace of mind for when you can’t be everywhere at once.
How to use:
- To activate: simply slide the middle with your thumb to the left or right depending on which way it is facing, and the wings will pop up, preventing the sliding door from opening any further.
- To deactivate: press and hold wings down, whilst simultaneously sliding the middle to the left or right again (depending which way it is facing.) Two hands required.
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits to clean area where the product will be installed.
- A cloth to clean the area
- A lighter to heat double sided tape before applying. (Trick of the trade)
Steps to install:
(Kindly read through before starting the installation process)
- Ensure your child is being supervised by an informed caregiver else whilst you install.
- Before sticking the product down, ensure you and your family are happy with the placement. Open the door slightly, the opening must not exceed 8cm. Plan carefully where the best possible positioning will be higher up out of reach from your little one. The product must have the top of the wings (the points), facing toward the frame of the front sliding panel – refer to image below.
- Clean areas with methylated spirits, ensuring the area is completely dry before you apply the product.
- Remove film from double sided tape and use a lighter to heat the double-sided tape, this is a trick that makes it extra sticky so that it adheres properly.
- Once installed, deactivate and allow the double-sided tape to set for at least 24hrs before operating.
- Make sure you clean up afterwards, discarding of any packaging and placing the methylated spirits out of reach or in an already child proofed cabinet.
- Give proper instructions on how to operate the stopper to everyone who will need to open and close the door/window.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler safety window and door products.
Baby Proof SA