Magnetic Child Lock 5 Locks 1 Key
Helps prevent baby/toddler from getting into cupboards/drawers as well as preventing slamming little fingers when attempting to open cupboards/drawers without ruining the outside aesthetics of your cabinetry.
The lock is fitted inside the cupboard or drawer and is completely concealed within the cupboard or drawer. No more child locks on the outside of your cabinets spoiling the beauty of your home.
Pack Includes: 5 x Magnetic Child Locks and 1 Magnetic Key
Available in different pack sizes and combinations – scroll down to view ‘Related Products’
*Scroll down for more info, how to use and installation instructions and video. Please read through carefully BEFORE purchasing or attempting to install.
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R65 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
Magnetic Child Lock Product Features:
- Not suitable for Cabinets or Drawers with a steel frame and exterior.
- Material: Non-toxic PS plastic.
- Main Function: Helps prevent babies/toddlers from getting into cupboards/drawers as well as preventing slamming little fingers when attempting to open cupboards/drawers.
- Super strong and robust enough to withstand the superior strength of the most determined toddler.
- The system is very easy to use. When installed inside a cupboard, the lock will automatically lock the cupboard when you close it. To open, simply touch the magnetic key against the front of the door.
- The magnetic child lock keeps cupboard doors/drawers tightly shut so there are no pinched fingers.
- Easy installation method requires no tools or drilling, therefore causing no damage to cupboards. A high bond double-sided tape is included with the locks. This tape is strong enough to withstand great force but is easy to remove once the locks are no longer needed.
- One lock is required for each cupboard, but one magnetic key will open all cupboards and drawers. It is suggested that you purchase one key for each room that you are childproofing to avoid having to carry the key from room to room.
- The lock has a disable feature so drawer/cupboard can open normally when baby is not around. Locks are not visible from outside the cupboard.
Please read through carefully BEFORE purchasing or attempting to install, video available further down.
Important Advice: Inspect your drawer inside first. NB! There must be enough space between the top of the drawer and the sides on the inside of the drawer to accommodate the lock.
Gap must be 4cm or more. Refer to image below.
CLICK HERE for an alternative Magni lock for Drawers if your gap above the sides is less than 4cm (Also with its own limitations…)
*Also suitable for drawers with metal sides inside, barring the gap adheres to above.*
You will need:
- Methylated Spirits to clean area where the product will be installed.
- A dry clean cloth to clean the area
How to install:
- Clean area with spirits and use a dry, clean cloth to wipe away any remaining oil or dirt.
- Keep the key within reach when installing.
- Refer to below images to ascertain the best placement of the lock for your cupboard or drawer – sideways (for drawers mostly) or upright (for cupboards mostly).
- Start by installing the lock catcher first, refer to below images. Ensure that the catch is facing the right way, otherwise the lock won’t catch.
- Remove the non-stick sleeve exposing the sticky adhesive tape and stick down, hold down for 20 seconds.
- In some instances, drawers are embedded within the frame, refer to image below.
- In this instance leave enough space from the front to allow for the drawer to close even when the magni-lock is installed. In other words, the catch must be placed slightly inwards/to the back, the same distance as the width of the drawers’ front (the width of the wood, generally 1,2cm)
- You will need to approximate where the lock needs to be placed on the cupboard door/drawer ensuring it can catch properly when closed.
- Place the small silver sticker provided on the outside of the drawer/cupboard where the lock has been placed (this is to guide you as to where the lock is when the door/drawer is closed.)
- Test the key against the lock by softly placing it against the outside where the lock is and where you have put the silver sticker.
- Once your lock is placed correctly and its working effectively, hold the lock down for 20 seconds ensuring the lock is stuck down properly.
- De-activate and leave to set for at least 12 hours before using. (This is to ensure the adhesive sets properly and that the product won’t come off easily)
|⇒ CLICK HERE to read article on how to remove double sided tape easily and effectively|
WATCH VIDEO BELOW FOR A QUICK TUTORIAL:
Video Credit: Safety Baby
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.