Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate 99-105.5cm
Our Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate (with its smart stay-open feature) is great to use in larger doorways and hallways sized 99-105,5cm. With optional gate extensions, they can fit openings up to 3.05m!
Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gates are a convenient, safe and cost-effective way to protect your children from injury around the home, especially stairways, kitchens and outdoor exits. By installing gates in suitable areas, one can create child safe zones/areas, as opposed to baby proofing the entire house.
- The Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate Fits openings from 99-105.5cm
- Gate height: 76cm.
- Extends up to 3.05m using optional gate extensions.
- Available Extension Sizes: 9cm | 18cm | 27cm | 36cm | 45cm | 54cm | 63cm | 1 meter
Important before purchasing any gate:
Take accurate measurements. Remember to take the skirting into account. The maximum adjustable size of the gate includes the tension knobs on the sides, used to secure the gate
Useful Articles to read before purchasing your gate and extensions:
- How to work out the size of the pressure mounted baby gate and possible extensions you may need
- Baby Gate Challenges and Hacks
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R75 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary
*Scroll down for more info*
6 in stock
Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate Product Features
- The Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate opens in both directions.
- With it’s Double locking feature; you can feel confident that your child is safe and sound.
- Conveniently swings and adjusts for quick and easy access with a simple one-handed operation.
- Gates are pressure-mounted, resulting in easy installation with no screws or drilling required – perfect for temporary or rental properties. No damage to walls.
- Can be used on stairs with banisters in conjunction with Dreambaby Banister Gate Adaptors
- Stay open feature: Just swing the door in the Stay-Open position and it will stay wide open until you choose to close it. A convenient feature for when your hands are full.
- Extends up to 3.05m using optional gate extensions.
For example: By using 2 x 1 meter Dreambaby Extensions, you can extend the Dreambaby Liberty Xtra-Wide Hallway Gate up to 3.05m.
Of course, not all hallways or stairways fit standard gate measurements – using an extension means that this does not jeopardize the security of your child, even areas/rooms which require a much longer partition/barrier. Simply add the correct sized extensions to extend any standard gate until it fits the area you need it to.
DREAMBABY EXTRA LONG BARRIER GATES – 5,04m
If the area you would like to create a barrier for is even wider than 3 meters, consider using the Dreambaby Royale Converta 3-in-1 Playpen Gate, this an extra long gate that must be hardware mounted (drilled into the wall). Standard size is 3.8m wide and 74cm tall, can be extended to 5,04m by adding 2 Panel Royale Converta Extensions.
Dreambaby Banister Adaptors
Dreambaby Banister Gate Adaptors are a great solution to fixing your safety gates to railings, balustrades and wall corners. Easily fitted and requiring no tools for installation, these are the perfect item for those living in rental or temporary accommodation. Top quality and super easy to use, the ideal accessory for at home safety.
Here is a quick Illustration and example on how to calculate the baby gate accessories you may need …read more
Extra precautions to consider
Glow in the Dark Tape for Stairs and Baby Gates
Glow in the Dark Tape Product Features:
- Size: 10mm thick
- Available per running meter – CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
- The neon glow feature gives you a quick heads up to step over the horizontal bar found at the bottom of pressure mounted baby gates, especially in the dark.
Why the fuss?
As a baby proofing specialist, one of my biggest challenges has been the horizontal bar found at the bottom of ALL pressure mounted gates. Especially considering these gates are mostly installed at the top and bottom of Stairways and can pose a toe thumping, tripping hazard.
Pressure mounted gates these days are super popular as they are secure, well manufactured and there is really no need for drilling. The gates come with 4 ‘mounting cups’ and strong double sided tape, these cups go between the wall and the pressure spindles/tension knobs.
Once the gate is up and these side spindles/tension knobs have been tightened into the cups, the cups with double sided tape keep the gate secure and in place.
Disclaimer: Be sure to leave the double sided tape to set for at least 24 hours before tugging and putting unnecessary pressure on the gate. Patience is everything!
What about using a ramp?
Unfortunately, there aren’t any ramps available in SA to test out, although I have seen these overseas. Even so, I don’t think they would fit on most stairs as they are bulky and I also don’t think by judging the design, they would even reduce the risk. I have inserted a photo below so you can to decide.
Baby Gate Reinforcement Lock 2 Pack
The Baby Gate Reinforcement Lock – 2 pack is ideal if you have already purchased a baby gate that doesn’t have an additional lever locking system at the bottom.
We recommend installing the lever lock on both sides; hence the quantity per pack is two.
Although toddlers are more inclined to push rather than pull, their determination and developing motor skills will soon allow them to do both. Safety is paramount and there is no room for error.
This product comes with screws and will need to be hardware mounted to the bottom of your gate using a drill and 4mm steel drill bit.
CLICK HERE for more baby/toddler safety gates, extensions and playpens.