We refer to it as Perspex as this is a more commonly searched for term; However at Baby Proof we use is clear Polycarbonate, the ‘new age’ perspex that is UV resistant and virtually indestructible.
THE PRODUCT IS ONLY LISTED TO GIVE YOU AN INDICATION OF PRICING AND PHOTOS.
***PLEASE RATHER EMAIL ME THE MEASUREMENTS AND SOME PHOTOS SO I CAN PREPARE AN ESTIMATE FOR YOU AND ADVISE YOU PROPERLY. PLEASE INCLUDE THE THICKNESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO ORDER IN THE EMAIL: 2, 3, 4, 5 OR 6mm, photos and measurements, remembering to take the skirting into account, if any (exclude it in your measurement/s).
DELIVERY IS ALSO ONLY POSSIBLE IN CERTAIN AREAS, SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW LIST
Perspex for Banisters & Balustrades is the perfect, high-end solution for Parents whose homes have banisters like those in the featured product images. Infants and toddlers tend to head straight to these danger zones raising their parents blood pressure and heart rate in seconds. Safeguard banisters by installing Polycarbonate to avoid the “ladder” potential.
We refer to it as Perspex as this is a more commonly known term and searched for material; However at Baby Proof we use is clear Polycarbonate.
- Prices indicated are per meter² with various thicknesses from 2mm, 3mm and 4mm thick
- Finish: transparent (like clear glass)
- UV resistant and can be used outdoors without yellowing.
- Durable, shatterproof and easy to drill into.
- 250 times stronger than glass, it is virtually indestructible.
! IMPORTANT NOTICE ! ONLY available for delivery in the following areas:
- GAUTENG: Roodepoort, Johannesburg, Pretoria West, Pretoria East, Midrand, Vereeniging
- FREE STATE: Welkom, Bloemfontein
- NORTH WEST: Rustenburg, Klerksdorp
- WESTERN CAPE: Cape Town (Main Center), George, Belville
- EASTERN CAPE: Port Elizabeth, East London
- KZN: Durban (Main Center), Pietermaritzburg, Richards Bay, Pinetown
- LIMPOPO: Polokwane
- MPUMALANGA: Witbank, Nelspruit
This product is non-refundable once your selected meterage is cut, please read through all product specifications and installation instructions carefully before ordering.
Our DIY PVC Clear Sheeting for Banisters and Balustrades is the perfect, cost effective solution for Parents whose homes have banisters like those in the images to the left. Infants and toddlers tend to head straight to these danger zones raising their parents blood pressure and heart rate in seconds. Safeguard banisters by installing PVC Clear Sheeting to avoid the “ladder” potential.
- Price below is per meter –NB: This does NOT include the aluminium flat bars and installation materials. Scroll down for a full list of installation requirements and steps to install.
- Sheets are 610 mm in height and come in any specified length in running meters
- PVC is 500 micron = 0.5mm thick
- Easy to cut at home with a Stanley Trimming Knife and cutting board
- Disclaimer: Not ideal for outdoor use (direct sunlight.) Lifespan in the sun: 6-8 Months.
Scroll down for more info, installation instructions and optional contact information for installations should you not want to install yourself.
Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R75 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary