To childproof your balustrades and/or banisters can seem simple, however it time consuming and you need to have the right tools and know how. Click on below products for more tips on how to install perspex (expensive option) or PVC clear sheeting (budget friendly option.) We do offer this service if you would rather Baby Proof install these products for you. A safety consultation will be necessary for me to come through and do the measurements accurately and to show you the difference between these 2 products.
Perspex for Banisters & Balustrades is the perfect, high-end solution for Parents whose homes have banisters like those in the featured product images. Infants and toddlers tend to head straight to these danger zones raising their parents blood pressure and heart rate in seconds. Safeguard banisters by installing Polycarbonate to avoid the “ladder” potential.
We refer to it as Perspex as this is a more commonly known term and searched for material; However at Baby Proof we use is clear Polycarbonate.
- Prices indicated are per meter² with various thicknesses from 2mm, 3mm and 4mm thick
- Finish: transparent (like clear glass)
- UV resistant and can be used outdoors without yellowing.
- Durable, shatterproof and easy to drill into.
- 250 times stronger than glass, it is virtually indestructible.
This product is non-refundable once your selected meterage is cut, please read through all product specifications and installation instructions carefully before ordering.
Our DIY PVC Clear Sheeting for Banisters and Balustrades is the perfect, cost effective solution for Parents whose homes have banisters like those in the images to the left. Infants and toddlers tend to head straight to these danger zones raising their parents blood pressure and heart rate in seconds. Safeguard banisters by installing PVC Clear Sheeting to avoid the “ladder” potential.
- Price below is per meter –NB: This does NOT include the aluminium flat bars and installation materials. Scroll down for a full list of installation requirements and steps to install.
- Sheets are 610 mm in height and come in any specified length in running meters
- PVC is 500 micron = 0.5mm thick
- Easy to cut at home with a Stanley Trimming Knife and cutting board
- Disclaimer: Not ideal for outdoor use (direct sunlight.) Lifespan in the sun: 6-8 Months.
Scroll down for more info, installation instructions and optional contact information for installations should you not want to install yourself.
♥ Shipped and at your door in 2-3 working days! Courier Fees Apply from R65 (JHB/Midrand/PTA) – Other regions in South Africa vary