Playpens can be a fun, comfortable and interactive space. Here are some creative ways to make this safe space wonderful and entertaining:
- Invest in a well manufactured, sufficiently sized, sturdy playpen
- Invest in a good play matt. Play matts provide great insulation, both from hard and cold floors. They are easy to clean and can prevent hard bumps from baby falling backwards or forwards for that matter. Play matts also provide a non slip surface to place your playpen on. There are some great interlocking, affordable play matts available at West Pack Lifestyle. If you are looking for something a little more high end and chic, check out Tayla Jean Play Matts
- Always have at least one of your little ones’ favourite items in the playpen, it can be a soft toy, a blankie or pacifier.
- Hang colourful toys from the top bar; the same ones you would use on a pram, if it doesn’t have an attachment goodie, then you can use a cable tie (just make sure you cut the cable tie and burn the sharp bit where you have cut it to make scratch proof) Tip: Try find a toy that has a mirror, babies love seeing and talking to themselves in mirrors.
- Spend some time with your little one in the playpen, this is important so that they don’t feel abandoned.
- By enforcing all the above, many positive associations towards the playpen are formed, and your baby will love playtime in the playpen.
- A playpen can also encourage your baby to stand by lifting themselves up and being able to stand with the support of the side panels and the non-slip play matts underneath.
Disclaimer: Don’t ever leave your little one alone in a playpen for prolonged periods of time. This will cause anxiety and create a negative association towards the playpen.
I hope this information has provided some valuable tips and advice, should you wish to book a safety consultation to baby proof your home, kindly contact Michelle on 082 499 5858 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org